Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 2: Catholic College Summit

Well everyone got a good nights sleep and it seems like our little bouts of altitude sickness are fading quickly.  We had a wonderful breakfast followed by morning prayer with the entire group- beautiful.
Dr. Edward Sri taught the first class this morning on John Paul II's Love and Responsibility and the Theology of the Body. I was worried that the students, just having finished the semester would be a little tired of "class" but boy was I wrong. He taught for 3 hours and had their attention the entire time. They were buzzing after the class. I'm glad they are learning such beautiful Theology and getting so much out of it. This is turning out to be even better than we had originally thought. Just after a half a day I know that our whole ministry is going to be blessed by our experiences here.
After class we had a light lunch and we're on break now. They convince me to go on a little hike with them. I made it up the mountain though for a minute I thought I would need an oxygen tank. 8,000 feet is alot for us sea dwellers.
There are students from 23 other colleges here and our students are making great friends and learning about how their ministries work. So far an amazing trip. Come back later for more stories and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment