Monday, November 9, 2009

Rehabilitating our thoughts on Sex...


I've been thinking and praying alot about the post I put here a few days ago spotlighting an article about Sex and the Campus. After some self reflection and thought I realized that this young woman's lack of knowledge of the Church's beautiful and real teaching on sexuality is a fault of those whose job it is to teach it in a beautiful and approachable way. (i.e. myself and people like me). So I decided that I should perhaps contact Ms. Julia and give her some resources to atleast begin with. In doing some research on where to contact her I found out a few interesting things. First, the article that I quoted her in was written in 2004, almost 6 years ago. For all I know she could have gained a whole education in life experience and knowledge regarding sexuality by now. Also, If she was a 'young adult' in 2004 then she is an older 'young' adult now and in my estimation we are probably about the same age. Besides all that, I noticed that in the original location of the article there were many many comments left in response to her, many written by very compassionate knowledgeable adults pointing her in the direction of teachings on the Theology of the Body and other amazing things. I was happy to see that and even though I found no contact information for her I will continue to pray for her and for others like her who need compassion and truth in a real and approachable way in their lives, a catagory I no doubt fall into daily.

For those who need guidance please know that while I am not an expert on the subject by any means, I have been blessed to have been able to study amazing information on the subject and have been doubly blessed to have encountered real people who live a powerful life of virtue because of the grace God has bestowed upon them. I am ALWAYS happy to share what I know and what I have lived with anyone and I am humbled to journey with others about things that I do not yet know. I hope that this list below will continue to grow but for now here are a few places that you can begin your journey. Happy Travels!



http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP2TBIND.HTM
- the Wednesday audiences given by John Paul II at the beginning of his pontificate on the ‘good news of the body’

http://www.theologyofthebody.net/
-source for articles and speakers on the subject of sexuality provides a good summary

http://www.johnpaulii.edu/
- school of graduate studies founded by John Paul II in the Theology of Marriage and Family

http://www.christopherwest.com/
- website for Christopher West a well known speaker on the subject in America at this time.

http://www.tobinstitute.org/
- source for courses on and instruction in the Theology of the Body

http://theologyofthebody.com/
-source for books, videos and courses on the subject of Theology of the Body – also includes information about the curriculum for ‘Theology of the Body for Teens’

www.demandyourdignity.com
- a website for young women focusing on real beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment